Monday, August 14, 2006

Israel Should Be Wiped Off My Blog


He didn't lunch with Rep. Pete Stark at Thai Satay in San Leandro, CA, this weekend, but Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has launched his own blog, and it's translated into English, French, and Arabic. Make sure you click on the appropriate language icon in the top right corner of the page. However, at the time of this post, the French version wasn't up. For those of you who know Jennie, she'll be bidding for the contract.

I promise a more thorough review of Ahmadinejad's site, but for now, suffice it to say that this blog ain't bad. The top man in Iran has an RSS feed and a poll ("Do you think that the US and Israeli intention and goal by attacking Lebanon is pulling the trigger for another word war [sic]?").

Ahmadinejad invites his readers to post comments -- and this, from a country that is known to take the gloves off when it deals with bloggers. Though I've boldly and uniquely set forth my birth name on Kishkushim, I'm giving some serious thought as to what my nickname is going to be on homeboy's site.



3 comments:

Amos said...

Hilarious! But damn, couldn't they hire an editor who actually speaks English? I thought they're swimming in petrol money. The "autobiography" is fantastic. Also, is that a crossed-out US flag that you click to go to the English version? I like the links, which include www.leader.ir and www.president.ir.

I am torn about what to vote on the poll. Maybe he really did mean WORD war?

Anyway, eventually the inhabitants of Kishushim will "become suburban and live in ghettos."

Anonymous said...

god damn stop this holy war thingy..byright Muslim terrorist should be wiped off first they started the god damn war...
For me Israel is the good guy and gaza and all palestinian should be wiped off ....
dont care off replying co i wont be back...sayonara....

From japan

Amos said...

Hi Anonymous from Japan,

I agree - Muslim terrorists should be "wiped off" first. The post that you left a comment on was actually ironic - poking fun at the President of Iran's new blog. I hope this clears up any misconceptions.