Friday, August 11, 2006

Nasrallah Delivers

On Wednesday evening, Nasrallah urged Haifa's Arab residents to leave the city, so he could "step up attacks". On Thursday, things were already a bit tense (we started the day with an air raid warning at 9:10 AM) but the day, in Haifa at least, passed smoothly. But that makes sense. I guess Nasrallah is kind enough to allow people a day to pack up and leave the city.

So, today morning, 10:07 AM, we had a siren with lots of missiles landing. Based on the sound and past experience, I estimate that one of them landed about 300 metres from our apartment (the news still haven't reported it).

Oh, there's another alarm now at 10:22 and more missiles dropping on Haifa.
My roommate Avinoam, my boyfriend, and I are sitting in our hallway.
We planned to visit my boyfriend's family in Ashdod today (the weekend has started in Israel) but I don't know if it's safe to go outside today.

10:30: Another siren. More missiles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Carmia! You totally need to leave Haifa! I don't wanna read anymore blogs from your hallway. And I certainly don't wanna hear any sad news from John or the others. :(

Yaakova said...

I ditto that.

Anonymous said...

hautesexycool, do you have any hobbies????just dont read the blog.I mean really.what country are in.I dont want to hear any sad news either but could you possibly be quiet.Carmia, SHABBOT SHALOM sweetheart take care. we love and think of you.Oh how is the apartment hunting going??That should get hautesexycool on a roll!!!!lol.Wander where she came up with that name,hhhmmmmm.(lmao)

Halla said...

Stay safe Carmia!! A missile hit right next to a cousins house in wadinisnas, windows were shattered but thank god no injuries!
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, stay safe!

Fyi, Teresa is back home, maybe next time it will be peaceful and you can meet up.. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

-- The cessation of hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah will start at 5 a.m. GMT on Monday, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan says.

I just read this update. I hope that this will be a step in ending one part the hideousness happening around the globe.
I send good vibes for our world. I know some think that this is hopeless, but what else do we have except hope and love?

In my travels, I have found that without the dividing nature of government, religion, and ethnicity we really can get along. Power to the people!
"Imangine" by John Lennon should be our world anthem.
meem

Anonymous said...

OOPS! "Imagine"

Anonymous said...

I second that meem, just imagine.

Anonymous said...

yeah, imagine...