Thursday, July 20, 2006

Haifans are Again Awoken by Sirens

We woke up again this morning at around 5:30 to the sound of sirens. My roommate and I met in the hallway, as has been usual for this whole past week. I didn't hear the explosions; my roommate says he did. We didn't bother watching the news this time. Back to bed.

I woke up hearing more booms but I couldn't be bothered running to the hallway. I really can't be bothered anymore. I'm hearing booms all the time, and I don't know anymore which ones are real, which ones are in my head, and which ones come from the television. A few of my other friends told me they're also experiencing this paranoia and are constantly hearing sounds. Who knows anymore.

I'm starting to get depressed.

Before we could still freely leave our homes, we were looking for a new apartment. My lease will expire in the next couple of months. Yesterday my boyfriend made a few new calls but the landlords have left Haifa. They can't show us the apartments, and they don't know when they'll be back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the booms:
Yesterday night we heard a lot of booms, small ones but scary nonetheless. However, no rocket landings were reported. It might have something to do with the airplanes, but I'm really not an expert.

hoping for a quiet day.

Anonymous said...

Carmia hi,
I think you need a vacation from the booms.
Come to Jerusalem or Beit Shemes.
Like I told you on the phone we will be happy to have you untill all of this will be over.
your cousin,
Hana

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I haven't been able to get a full night's sleep in a while because the siren's always wake me up.

Anonymous said...

Carmia

We are from Canada I am a born Israeli and I feel the sorrow for our country and the loss from both sides is extremely sad but I just hope that you keep on hanging in there and know that my prayers along with others are with all of you.
MIRAV
FROM MONTREAL