Monday, July 17, 2006

They're not Letting Up

The alarm sounded for the fifth time today, and I heard two more rockets strike a couple of minutes ago. I haven't had a chance to leave the little hallway yet, but I can hear the TV report from the living room. I'm finding it hard to focus though so I'm catching only part of the news. Apparently a three-story apartment building in Haifa collapsed. The phones in our home are ringing off the hook - all our cell phones (which curiously, are working now) and our landline. Everyone calls everyone to check if they're okay. Messenger is great, too, for keeping updated with our family and friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be the best English-language news source for up-to-date info on the situation as it affects Haifa. As someone with friends and family in the area, I thank you for your efforts.

Just do me a favor -- make sure you're putting yourself first and the keyboard second, okay?

Hang in there...

Isaac Moses said...

Chizki v'imtzi.

Anonymous said...

I live in haifa too and one of explosions' sound came really close to my house

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Please know that we are watching, reading, and praying for all of you.

Deborah and Josh in NYC

Anonymous said...

I've just been reading blogs from both sides and it seems most bloggers would like this to stop right now, as by the looks of things would most ordinary people in news reports and on blogs all around the world. Maybe one day 'politicians' will listen.

Carmia said...

I would like to thank all of the readers of the blog who have left supportive comments (including Jen from Hong Kong). I appreciate your concern and support.