Monday, July 17, 2006

Seventh...

(Inch, our cat, watching the news and blogging with me in our living room)


Just as we were about to sit down for dinner in the living room, the wailing of the sirens started for the seventh time today (in Haifa). I grabbed my laptop and took shelter once again in the hallway with my roommate and my boyfriend. I couldn't blog though until a few minutes later because my computer is getting a bit old and slow and was overloaded with all the windows I had open. As we were huddling in the hallway (the discussion revolved around whether or not it was better to lie down), we counted eight missiles falling, though they didn't sound close. After that, some silence. We ventured forth again. There is a police patrol car outside yelling at the few people on the street to get into sheltered areas and not hang around outside.

5 comments:

J. said...

Ok, good to know everything is ok. This saved me the trouble of trying to get through.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is my first time reading your blog. I just want to say hang in there and stay safe. All though we are not physically with you a lot of us Americans are with you in your war on terror.

Dale Cox
Stafford, Virginia, USA

Anonymous said...

I meant to say with you in spirit.

Anonymous said...

OOOH! YOU HAVE A KITTY!
Do you put her in a kitty carrier when the bombing starts, in case you need to evacuate??? I would be more afraid for my cats than myself. They are my children! Cats hate loud noises. Stay safe and hug your kitty for me!

Last night, while watching the news, I asked myself what they're tying to bomb. Do they have any control over these rockets, or are they just lobbing them randomly at neighborhoods hoping to kill some Jews? And Israel is held to a higher standard. Unbelievable!

Carmia said...

No, we don't put Inch (the cat) into a carrier when the shelling starts. Amazingly, she's the calmest being in the apartment during the shooting episodes.